A lady I know shared a recipe for making gingerbread cookies from Slovakia so I thought I would give them a go.
- 500g Plain Flour
- 180g Caster Sugar
- 125g Baking Fat
- 5 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons of Mixed Ground Spices
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda
- Turn your oven to 180 oC/160 oC/Gas mark 4
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and work the mixture into a playdough consistency.
- Roll it out on a floured surface to about o.55cm thickness.
- Cut out the shapes you like and bake on a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 5 mins or until golden brown.
It was meant to be for Christmas but better late than never.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!