Sausage and Bean Cassoulet
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8’s,
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 150ml of beans of your choice – I used baked beans
- Preheat the oven to 170 o C/325 o F/Gas Mark 3.
- Heat half of the oil and add the onion, and carrots for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the stock and beans and bring to the boil then place in an ovenproof container and cook in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the sausages until browned, remove and set aside.
- Remove the cassoulet from the oven, add the sausages, season if you wish. Stir in the tomatoes and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the beans are softened.
Served with mashed potato and green beans.
I adapted this recipe from the Quorn website http://www.quorn.co.uk/recipes/quorn-sausages-cassoulet/