I took the picture for this slightly late because it had already started to be eaten.
The pictures don’t do it much justice, when we have the meal again I will add more pictures. Underneath the mushroom croustade is just the baking paper.
Enough for 3-4
For the case:
25g (1oz) gluten free flour
50g (2 oz) porridge oats (gluten free)
100g (4 oz) gluten free breadcrumbs, I just used my loaf of gluten free bread and crumbled it up with my hands.
100g (4 oz) vegan butter
For the filling:
225g (8 oz) button mushrooms
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
a 20 cm (8 in) flan dish
1. Turn your oven on to 200oC, 400 oF, Gas mark 6. For the case, put the flour, porridge oats and breadcrumbs into a bowl.
2. Gently melt the butter in a pan over a low heat. Pour in the mixture from the bowl and mix it well.
3. Spoon the mixture into a flan dish. Use the back of a spoon to press it firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
4. Put the dish onto a baking sheet. Bake it on the middle shelf of your oven for ten minutes. Take it out of the oven.
5. Turn the oven down to 180oC, 350oF, Gas mark 4. Wipe the mushrooms using a damp paper towel, then cut them in half.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the mushrooms and cook them for five minutes, until they are soft.
7. Turn the heat off under the mushrooms. Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat them until they are mixed.
8. Add the mushrooms to the eggs, but don’t add any of the juice left in the pan. Add some pepper and stir well.
9. Spoon the mixture into the case and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Press in any mushrooms sticking up.
10. Put the dish into the oven for 25 minutes and bake it until the filling has set and the crust is golden. Serve it hot or cold.
Enjoy, we certainly did 🙂