Salmon Vegetable Stir Fry
2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
250g/9oz fine green beans, cut into 5cm/2in lengths
2 fresh pieces of salmon
around 6 mushrooms
a few tablespoons of mayo
1. Heat a large wok and put in the spring onions and allow to cook for a few minutes.
2. Add the garlic, lentils and ginger and stir.
3. Add the courgette, lemongrass and mushrooms.
4. Snap the beans and put them into the wok.
5. Strip the salmon from the grey bit (the skin) and put the pieces into the wok, add more oil if necessary.
6. Continue to stir the mixture and add the mayo and cook until the Salmon looks reasonably cooked.
7. Serve straight away with the lettuce.
To make the gluten free potato chips – I got this recipe for the potato chips from Gluten Free Goddess
2 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed, sliced very thin
Heat a an inch of pure olive oil in a large deep skillet, or even a wok. When the temperature is very hot (I didn’t use a thermometer but recipes call for 350 degrees F, usually) carefully place just enough chips- all white- to take up space in the oil without crowding them too much; and fry them till golden crisp. Remove with long handled tongs and drain on paper towels.