These are the fairy cakes I made.
125g4 1/2 oz of softened butter
125g/4 1/2 oz caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g/4 1/2 oz self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk
This recipe makes 24 mini cakes or 12 larger ones. I used a 12 hole bun tin and little paper/silicone cases.
1. Preheat the oven to 190c/375F/Gas Mark 5, in a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. You can use an electric whisk or a wooden spoon.
2. Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, whisking to incorporate.
3. Sift in half the flour and fold into the mixture. Add the milk and the rest of the flour and fold until well combined.
4. Spoon into the tin and bake for 12 mins or until risen and golden on top. Allow to cool for ten minutes on a cooling rack.
5. Then decorate however you wish, I used 125g of icing sugar. I used various decorations such as wafer daisies, hundreds and thousands and silver balls from Dr Oetker and some pink iced decorations from Sainsbury’s.